A group of Little Fir Foundation Volunteers traveled to meet sponsored students and their families earlier this year. They've documented their trip in a short clip below.
2016 Program Update
- Scholarship Program:
- We have granted new scholarships to a number of college students and high school students this year.
- Our director, Maggie Zhao, visited the schools and met with students and teachers.
- Summer Camp Program:
- We worked with Dongrun Foundation to organize summer camp program at a local school in Dongshe District, Tongzhou Shi, Jiangsu Province.
- Our founder, Jingying Wu, travelled with 8 volunteer teachers from US and UK to China and spent 2 weeks with students.
- More information about this program available here.
- Fundraising Concert:
- Our director, Zhao Cheng, has successfully organized the Rock for Hope XIII concert, sponsored by Barclays Capital, on September 2, 2016 in Manhattan.
- This is our 13th concert in the series since 2008 and has become part of our tradition.
- More information about the concert available here.
We at the Little Fir Foundation want to give the talented children in China who otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity to higher education a chance - a chance not only to have an education, but also to succeed in life.
We provide tuition assistance to selected financially underprivileged children in China, also fund schools and educational institutions on programs that would enhance the quality of education in rural China. We select students from elementary school level and support them all the way through college. What’s more important, in addition to the monetary support, we will develop a community that provides one-on-one mentoring to all grant recipients. We want to be their mentors, to guide them when they are lost, to be there when they need someone to turn to, to encourage them on their journey to success.